Paul J. Reinstein heads the family law group at Reinstein, Glackin & Herriott, LLC. He has been selected a top ten Super Lawyer for the State of Maryland for multiple years, and has been a Top 100 Super Lawyer for the past ten years. This list of the best of the best lawyers covers all practice areas. Prior to the founding of RG&H, Paul Reinstein was a partner at Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher, where he built a family law department of highly rated domestic relations lawyers that have held state-wide family law positions and have been selected as top lawyers in Maryland. Mr. Reinstein is widely recognized by his clients and peers as one of the premier family law attorneys in the Washington Metropolitan area.
Mr. Reinstein has been named by publications including Washingtonian Magazine, Washington D.C. Super Lawyers, and the Washington Post, as one of the top family law practitioners in the Washington Metropolitan Area. In December, 2019, Paul Reinstein was again named one of the top divorce lawyers in the entire Washington Metropolitan area by Washingtonian Magazine.
Paul Reinstein is one of only 34 Fellows in the Maryland Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) www.aaml.org and he and his partner, Maureen Glackin are the only Fellows in the Southern Maryland Area. An “AV”-rated attorney, Mr. Reinstein is a Past-President of the Maryland Chapter of AAML.
Mr. Reinstein lectures frequently throughout the state to judges, magistrates and lawyers on current issues in family law, as well as before the Administrative Office of the Court’s Judicial Institute. He is a past Chair of the Maryland State Bar Association Family and Juvenile Law Section. Mr. Reinstein teaches continuing legal education courses to attorneys for the Maryland State Bar Association and local bar associations throughout Maryland.
Paul Reinstein also serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the courts in multiple jurisdictions for family law, child custody, and divorce cases. He was recently selected by his peers and again named by Best Lawyers Magazine as “Lawyer of the Year” for his work in Family Law Mediation in the Washington, D.C. metro area. Only a single lawyer in a specific area and location is honored with this designation.
Paul Reinstein, nationally recognized divorce lawyer was a founding partner in the law firm of Keiffer, Johnston & Reinstein.
Mr. Reinstein is a graduate cum laude of Villanova University and the Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America.
- Maryland, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1982
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Maryland, 1982
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 05/1980
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 05/1977
- Honors: cum laude
- Family Law Update, MICPEL, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Domestic Violence Training Manual, MICPEL, 2001
- Family Law Update, MSBA, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Honors and Awards
- Top 10 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top 100 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2009 to present
- Super Lawyer, 2006-2008
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2010 to Present
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- "AV" Rated Attorney
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Domestic Lawyers, 2009 to Present
- Washington Post Top Family Law Practitioners
- Top 10 Washington Metropolitan Area Super Lawyers 2016
- Maryland Daily Record Leadership in the Law Award, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association/Family and Juvenile Law Section , Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Former Chair, Family and Juvenile Law Section
- Prince Georges County Circuit Court, Arbitrator
- Calvert County Circuit Court, Arbitrator & Mediator
- Montgomery County Circuit Court, Arbitrator & Mediator
- Charles County Circuit Court, Arbitrator & Mediator
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher, Partner, 2004-2012
- Keiffer, Johnston, Reinstein & Papirmeister, LLC, Partner, 1987 to 2003
- Richard A. Palumbo, P.A., Associate, 1980 to 1987