- Family Law
Randall S. Herriott is a partner and founding member of Reinstein, Glackin & Herriott, LLC. He concentrates his practice in the area of Family Law. Mr. Herriott is an “AV” rated attorney who, since 2013, has been recognized annually as a Maryland Super Lawyer.
Mr. Herriott is well-known for successfully representing clients in matters involving the issues of divorce, custody and visitation or access, child support, alimony, property distribution and domestic violence. He has also successfully litigated several third-party custody actions, where non-parent relatives were granted custody of or visitation/access with their minor child relatives.
Mr. Herriott is also trained in the area of Collaborative Law, an innovative approach to resolving family law issues that fosters and promotes communication and cooperation between the parties and counsel. The Collaborative Law approach seeks a more constructive and respectful path to resolution in a manner that is private, focused on the needs of the clients and/or their children, and puts control of the outcome in the hands of the clients, rather than the courts. Additional information regarding the collaborative approach to resolving family law cases may be viewed at www.marylandcollaborativepractice.com and www.collaborativepractice.com. A lawyer trained in collaborative law often can resolve contested divorce cases quicker and with lower legal fees than divorces resolved entirely through the Courts.
Mr. Herriott graduated from St. Mary’s College of Maryland in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology. Thereafter, in 1998, he graduated with honors from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Mr. Herriott resides in southern Prince George’s County, Maryland with his wife of 25 years. He enjoys spending time with his wife and children, as well as friends. Having played baseball in college, Mr. Herriott is a sports enthusiast who is, by nature, a fierce competitor.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1998
- Honors: cum laude
- St. Mary's College of Maryland, Maryland
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Biology
- Maryland, 1998
- District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1999
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- “AV” Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Attorneys in Maryland 2013 and 2014
- Avvo Rating – 10.0 (superb)
- Reinstein, Glackin, Patterson & Herriott, Partner, 2012-2017
- Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher, Partner, 2000-2012
- Thomas V. Mike Miller, Jr., P.A., Associate, 1998-1999